View post (definition of shredding)

View thread

bodders
bodders
10/11/2002 12:26 pm
Originally posted by Dejan Sajinovic
Music is music and we got to learn to respect evry damn music style.

I couldn't agree with you more Dejan.

But although I appreciate it (I might not like it, but I do appreciate it,) I think what needs to be said, is that actually trendkillah's wrong in what he's saying.

Put it this way trend: Play whatever music you want to play, but the real emotion DOES actually come from technicality. Where else could it come from? Surely you're not suggesting it comes from the melody?

You could sit down and play Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" and hammer it out with no change of tone, no fluctuation in volume, pedal or whatever comes from the technical side of piano (differing from the subject), and to be frank, it'll sound like **** :| And in my view, no matter what the melody is, or the skill of the person playing... IF YOU'RE PLAYING THAT FAST (1000 arpeggio rakes per millisecond,) THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABLE TO HAVE TO TIME TO EXERT OF THESE THINGS, THAT GENERALLY CONTRIBUTE TO GOOD EMOTION... AND THUS GOOD MUSIC.

Contradict me if you think I'm wrong, but I can't really see a flip-side to the coin unless you're looking at the song from a purely technical side.
Lyrics: a waste of time between solos.