need amplitube help

ultraman
ultraman
09/24/2002 2:36 pm
Is this normal that when I use IK multimedia amplitube, I got full feedbacks as long as i put a little distortion to the setups. All modern hi gain and the kind of sounds just give me a bunch of feeds, which are cool but way to loud and present. I can gate them with the noise gate but they still too loud during the playing. I think it's not normal since i don't have these problem with the pod. I've tried several guitar with different pick ups but it's the same. I've reduced input level with no success.

Any idea about this?

Thanks.
# 1
Digit
Digit
09/25/2002 4:01 pm
The way I figure it, the sounds you get are exactly what you'd get if you mic'd the amp itself, including any noise that's present. That's why it's so great... instead of just modeling the amps sound, it accurately reproduces an actual amplifier. To lessen noise or feedback, try doing what you would do with an actual amp... use less wattage, mic the amp from further away, turn down the treble or presence... last but not least, use a VST EQ to dial out the frequencies that are bothering you.
# 2
ultraman
ultraman
09/25/2002 11:17 pm
Thanks for your answer. I've tried doing this but it seems to me that it's not normal since never my amp will doing this sum of feedback even with a single coil guitar and heaviest settings. I was completly unable to have a real distortioned sound, heavy enough to make some hard rythm. but I didn't tried with an eq so I'll try to work it out.
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/30/2002 8:01 am
I'm using AmpliTube right now and don't have any problems with noise. Although I can't monitor the sound simultaneously with the original signal cause of my Mac limitations. I usually record using an overdrive sound with a seperate cabinetulator and then go back and tweak the recorded track later. Besides.... then you can be more accurate in how you match up the sounds.
(The British Tube sound with the 2X12 cabinet is awesome.... especially when you punch in the Wah.
Just like listening to old Pink Floyd albums.)
# 4
ultraman
ultraman
09/30/2002 12:08 pm
Hi again. Finally, I think I've forgot an insert effect somewhere in the chain because I've tried it again and I had no problems and yes, it sounds good. I have also latency problem but it seems that I have to live with it.
# 5
ogandou
ogandou
05/25/2004 1:59 am
Hi, do you remember by any chance how you solved this? Which effect did you forget? I'm having the same problem I believe...

Originally Posted by: ultramanHi again. Finally, I think I've forgot an insert effect somewhere in the chain because I've tried it again and I had no problems and yes, it sounds good. I have also latency problem but it seems that I have to live with it.

# 6
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/25/2004 4:20 am
Moving to Recording...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 7
ultraman
ultraman
05/25/2004 1:58 pm
We'll it's been a long time since then... I don't really remember. I think that a compressor was in the chain somewhere, maybe on the same bus or something.

I've just finished a whole album with it and I must say it sounds terrific.

My tracks are always a couple of frames ahead due to latency problems but since I know it, I just nudge the tracks slightly and the problem is out.
# 8
ogandou
ogandou
05/25/2004 2:06 pm
I fixed it, my recording levels were too high in my sound card settings. Sounds awesome now!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.