Lyrics - where & which?

manXcat
manXcat
10/26/2018 10:45 pm

Two questions.

1. Opinions, recommendations, links sought for the best online lyrics site, as in most accurate with consideration given to lyric formatting, and which facilitates printing them without a spam sign-up or other irritating redirections or popups.

2. What is the industry convention or performance consensus on which version of lyrics to use where there are conflicting versions of lyrics?

For example, where a song might be published by the copyright holder e.g. Sony, with words included never sung either in a studio version or live, or even more conflictual, where the studio recorded lyrics differ from consistent live performance versions on record courtesy of film.

My own 'which lyrics to use?' preference would be the studio recording or as performed live, with both being familiar to the audience's ear, neither actually being 'wrong' per se.

# 1
EddieG122
EddieG122
10/27/2018 12:52 am
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Two questions.

1. Opinions, recommendations, links sought for the best online lyrics site, as in most accurate with consideration given to lyric formatting, and which facilitates printing them without a spam sign-up or other irritating redirections or popups.

2. What is the industry convention or performance consensus on which version of lyrics to use where there are conflicting versions of lyrics?

For example, where a song might be published by the copyright holder e.g. Sony, with words included never sung either in a studio version or live, or even more conflictual, where the studio recorded lyrics differ from consistent live performance versions on record courtesy of film.

My own 'which lyrics to use?' preference would be the studio recording or as performed live, with both being familiar to the audience's ear, neither actually being 'wrong' per se.

Good questions. I cannot speak to your question 2, but as far as question 1 goes, I typically first do an Internet search for the song lyrics, but at the end of the day I end up at azlyrics.com.

# 2
manXcat
manXcat
10/27/2018 11:22 am

Thanks for that azlyrics.com recommendation.

I checked it out on a few songs I wanted the lyrics for. I found its search engine very good, its range comprehensive, and its lyric versions more consistently accurate with the studio version recordings than numerous others I've tried.

I would have given it two thumbs up had I had not problems printing as the site didn't like the Duck Duck Go Chrome extension and Ad Block blocking its several trackers and popups, the latter of which including the play button redirect didn't present. Under sufference I launched Edge to print out what I wanted, which also loaded what I didn't. Lyrics are OK. The site isn't. Still on the hunt.

# 3
Marshal_Zadeh
Marshal_Zadeh
10/29/2018 9:30 am

If your looking for Rock / Metal songs

I recommend using my Fave [u]http://www.darklyrics.com/ [/u]

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.