Randy was never accused of boring guitar!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
10/18/2018 2:59 pm

Dave:

Very cool study on perhaps one of the top five most influential rock guitarists (Eddie will never be removed from atop this throne!!) ever on this planet. We lost him way too early... obviously! I love the high octane rhythm lessons but the jet fuel comes out for the Lead #1 lesson! Man........take our time and digest this nice and slow....much more interesting than just practicing various scales over and over......and I love how you top things off going R.R. unplugged at the end!!

This leads me into a request area I've definitely made GuitarTricks before and perhaps even to you....I'd love to have a complete study on great licks/solos over the scariest things we face as guitarists....."Let's all jam over a nice blues shuffle in E......Jim you solo over this!!" I'd love to see you and G.T. finally do a more advanced course that tackles cool soloing ideas that can be applied any where on a cool progression in E. I realize all this can be transcribed into different keys but the key of E seems to be the 'big elephant in the room' key and having a superior arsenal of licks and especially solos together would be awesome!! Acoustic blues solo ideas even more so because acoustic jamming is so much more likely!! At any rate......we do have our work cut out for us as you've definitely tackled Mr. Rhoads expertly here and absorbing his licks and techniques has to become a labor of love and determination for us.......but certainly well worth it!!

Thanks!!

Jim C

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/19/2018 7:30 pm

Hey Jim!

Thanks for your positive words on my Randy Rhoads Artist Study. I've been a huge fan of Rhoads ever since Ozzy's first album (but EVH is still on top of my list too!!). Lot's of challenging rhythm work, lead solos, and even acoustic finger style just like Randy. I sure hope I did him justice :-)

Great suggestions on the blues soloing in E and acoustic jamming. I'll run it up the Guitar Tricks flagpole and see what we can do.

Thanks again for your encouraging words!

-Dave

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.