View post (Amp for Acoustic guitar)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/15/2018 8:24 am

Demo and reviews here and here.

[br]Three superb features of the THR5A above all the other tech, are its battery capability and size which render it mains power independent and ultra portable, and its USB interface so you can record directly to a DAW with it.

TBH, the Yamaha THR5A is the acoustic amp I would have bought if electric amps weren't my primary priority at the time, and I hadn't subsequently scored an outa' his world deal on a Fender Acoustasonic 15 when already had three amps including the Blackstar Fly 3 combo for flexibility, battery independence and carrying portability. While I am happy with my simple Acoustasonic for my home acoustic needs, the THR5A is in another league altogether.

I confess to having a value conscious bias toward kit from Yamaha Music. I must be as I have an APX600 and several Pacificas in my studio. Whatever Yamaha do at any pricepoint segment, they do well. Like most of us I'm on a recreational $ budget these days and like to stretch my $ to cover my various interests. But I'm still a measure twice buy once kind of guy who likes to buy quality kit that will meet my operational requirement sourcing it at the best fair price I can get it. So if I don't spend on a name with little to offer more than that, or bells and whistles redundant for my purpose, it means I can buy something else with the saving, ...which is what I tend to do. e.g. My Presonis Studio speakers, Behringer Audio Interface & Reaper DAW. There's always something else you need. i.e. A longer quality instrument cable, an XLR cable or three, a neck rest for maintenance, another mic stand, tablet stand, music stand, pair of speaker stands, mixer, the GAS list is endless.