View post (High quality problem)

View thread

bejit1
bejit1
10/01/2018 12:45 pm

So, what is this high quality problem? Well, i have started with the fundamentals course maybe around a month ago or so. And, I’ve noticed that I am playing the guitar better than my 8 year old son. Now, you may think that is not much of an accomplishment. However, I thought my son was really good for his age. He was playing Beatles songs like all my lovin without any difficulty whatsoever. But, he was having more difficulty with chords. Now, I can play them much better than he can. Plus, I am playing simple songs like the easy version of the melody of dust in the wind similar in quality to him. Now. Some of this may be related to my music background (played clarinet thru the end of college). However, I have to give credit where credit is due. Mostly, I think it’s from this fantastic course.

That at all being said, I want to get my 8 year old son on par with me with the chords. But, I am not sure this course would be as enticing for me as my 8 year old son. I was thinking, therefore, maybe you should create a course geared to younger children as well. What do you think?

Also, what should i do to improve his chords? He is a very focused kid and is very musically inclined. I think he just needs to practice them. But, he would benefit from some sort of alternative motivation. What’s the best way? Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!