Hello from Florida

lefty_joe
lefty_joe
08/27/2018 10:27 pm

Hey all.

Glad to be here and part of this community. Just started with Guitar Tricks about 6 weeks ago. I'm back at the guitar after taking a loooong break from it (over 40 years). I used to be really good as a kid, but can't say I remember anything (I would be lying if I said, huh, that just suddenly came back to me during a lesson). So, I'm starting from scratch.

I'm a lefty, and so far I've really enjoyed the lessons (Lisa is awesome!!) and feel I've grown so much in these past 6 weeks.

Look forward to learning from y'all!

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
08/28/2018 1:41 am

Hey lefty_joe!

Isn't that "grown so much in these past 6 weeks" feeling worth minting?!!

# 2
lefty_joe
lefty_joe
08/28/2018 12:23 pm

Absolutely! And the improvement seems to happen unexpectedly. One day I'm having issues changing chords and the very next day...boom, it just happens almost seamlessly (well, not exactly seamlessly since I'm still missing a bunch of beats and pinching a lot of strings LOL).

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/29/2018 11:52 am

This is SO cool!

This is how the learning process works! Not just during hands-on practice time, but also in the times in between. Your brain is absorbing and welcoming all those new neural pathways you are creating as you practice, and then next time you pick up the instrument, you sometimes find that things have solidified and gotten better when you weren’t looking!

Magic, and fun, all at once.

Congrats to you on all you are learning and the joy it is bringing you.

- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.