Floyd Rose Problem

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/12/2002 11:10 pm
I have a problem with my FR tremolo.
when I pull the bar so far (to raise the pitch) , when the pickups are looking up , the springs at the back of the bridge fall a little bit, so when the bar is back to normal the strings are out of tune..
so I was wondering if there is something I can do to fix the springs at the back of the bridge , so they stay in their normal position & the strings stay in tune... or perhaps if someone knows that there is something that is sold separately to hold those nasty springs in place...
plz don't tell me that the only sol. is to remove a spring , and lock the screws that hold them some more..

also I have a question.. I've noticed that Steve Vai's Guitar is without the Bridge's Back cover (I saw this in a live version of 'Bad Horsie').... does any body know if there's a tech. reason for this, or just to look different?
I've removed my Bridge's back cover too, to be able to push the springs back in, to stay in tune !!
# 1
trendkillah
trendkillah
09/12/2002 11:22 pm
I always permanently remove the back plate on my floyd-rose equiped guitars. It just saves time(and who's gonna pay attention to the back of a guitar anyway? except for us gear-freaks, lol), and I'm pretty sure that's the reason Steve Vai does that too.

As for the springs coming loose, I've never encountered that problem myself. But, I would try wrapping an elastic rubber band around where the springs are attached, that might just work.

# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/13/2002 4:49 pm
thanx man.. I was also thinking of wraping something around these springs... but i think the floyd rose design is pretty stupid, i mean they could have added something to lock those springs in their place, I was wondering if there is something like that , which I can buy , instead of acting like a stone ager and wraping a rubber band :0)

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.