New here. Hi.

Marquis_of_fire
Marquis_of_fire
09/07/2002 8:30 pm
Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to say hello, because I plan to be posting a lot. I'm more than a bit on an insominiac, and love guitar.
Equiptment:

Acousitic:
Schecter SW-3000-RW Electric acousitic w/ shadow p7 antifeedback

Electric:
Highly modified Fender stratocastor

Amp:
Last amp blew so I'm using a small fender 35 practice amp.
NEED $$$

Influneces:
Jimmy Page, Heart, Oasis, and many more

Current favorite song:
The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin

Seth Woodworth,

----------------------------------
Does anybody remember laughter?
# 1
Devin11
Devin11
09/07/2002 8:50 pm
cool. Im using a washburn electric guitar with an old fender amp and a death metal distorion pedal by dod. BTW if u want a decent amp go to a pawn shop and get a good one for 70 dollars. thats what i did and my amp hasnt failed me yet.
:) Metalica :)
# 2
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/08/2002 12:02 am
Yeah, I also need $$$. Gotta help get my band a new PA.
Anyway I play an Epiphone SG, I beautiful looking and sounding guitar for the price. I would recommend it for someone looking to upgrade from they're first guitar.
I use a real cheap practice amp miced into a Kareoky (SP?) machine put through a giant sterio, thats our PA for now, anyway. And I got a Zoom Multi Effects Unit. Some of the effects on it totally suck, but some totally rule. I like the distortion and the tube amp simulator. The distortion is warm and fuzzy when down low, good for playin' Sabbath, and is fat and cuts well when up high. Sounds like Angus Young when its Cranked.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/08/2002 12:52 am
What would you reccomend for a first electric?
Ya well welcome. I have a acoustic Yamaha of some sort, and really cool sounding piece of crap I thefted from my grandmothers house.

# 4
MikeP.
MikeP.
09/08/2002 1:57 am
Welcome bro! Zepp rocks!
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 5
Marquis_of_fire
Marquis_of_fire
09/08/2002 5:38 am
I think all musicians need money, unless you sell out that is, or hit it big some how. A friend of mine who's band went kerplunk is selling me a 350 watt marshell stack for $500 with some sort of effects panel. Now I just need $500...
And to iiholly I would recomend the cheepest used Sqire you can find, the sound isn't as good as a Fender but the frett board just feels great. The real diffrence I've seen is the electronics in them. When you want to upgrade you can upgrade everything yourself. Also don't get the lightest strings, they will be way too light if you're use to acoustic.
"Anyway that's only my opinion I may be right or wrong, but you can find them both in the grand canyon at sundown" The first part ends my post and 10 points if you can place the quote.

Seth Woodworth
# 6
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/08/2002 3:07 pm
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marquis_of_fire
[B]Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to say hello, because I plan to be posting a lot. I'm more than a bit on an insominiac, and love guitar.
Equiptment:
(included)
Electric:
Highly modified Fender stratocastor

What did you do to it? I've thought about getting a 24 fret strat myself but I want something with a floydd rose and a humbucker. I love Fender necks, they're so easy to play.

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 7
Marquis_of_fire
Marquis_of_fire
09/08/2002 10:49 pm
Sorry, I can't help you with that. I got it from a friend of mine, he was the one who customized it. Physically, it a very good looking guitar. It's painted black with a big Zoso symbol on it. I did the paint job, and he had all of the electronics, I've lost touch with him since then tho. It's a shame because he was good at musical electronics. Is there any one out there who can build effects? I know enough electronics to be able to build something off of a diagram, but not enough to design anything. Is there a site out there that has some? A place to start anyway, I want to get some interesting sounds, and I have access to parts and sodering equiptment so it's cheap for me that way.

Seth 'Woody' Woodworth
# 8
kimbob
kimbob
09/09/2002 3:07 am
Originally posted by Marquis_of_fire
I think all musicians need money, unless you sell out that is, or hit it big some how.

Let me get this straight. Since I'm a successfull musician, that means I've sold out? Or could it be that hard work, ambition and talent pays off. Or could it be that the lack of talent, ambition and lack of success are confused with, "Hey man, I'm rockin' it my way man. I aint sellin out. No way man."
Just because a person is successfull does not mean they have "Sold out". What do you mean by sold out? If that's the way you view successfull musicians, I don't think you'll ever have to worry about selling out. :cool:
"Let that boy Boogie Woogie. Cause' it in em' and it got to come out." -John Lee Hooker-
There's no substitute for expeience. So get out there and break some strings on stage.
# 9
malweth
malweth
09/09/2002 11:59 am
I really like my Ibanez GRX40Z beginner Electric. I was told that the Ibanez beginner line will last longer and have a higher sell back price than the Squier Strat.

Of course this could just be dealer hype, but on http://www.epinions.com people seemed to agree.
# 10
Marquis_of_fire
Marquis_of_fire
09/10/2002 2:53 am
No, you misunderstood. But it wasn't very clear was it. What I was trying to say was that it is rare to make a living playing guitar. At least it seems that way to me. If you are able to make a living doing what you like, good for you. I wish I could do the same. No, it does not mean that you, or any one else is selling out by making money.

Jimmy Page for example didn't make any money in the Yardbirds. Before the Yardbirds he was doing jingles and a lot of stuff he didn't want to do, in his own words selling out (Guitar Player September '97). Also several other musicians hit it big and didn't get any money out of it.

I apoligize for the implication that any one has sold out. That was deffinitally not what I intended.

Seth 'Woody' Woodworth
-----------------------------------------------
# 11
kimbob
kimbob
09/10/2002 3:17 am
Got ya covered buddy. No offense taken.
"Let that boy Boogie Woogie. Cause' it in em' and it got to come out." -John Lee Hooker-
There's no substitute for expeience. So get out there and break some strings on stage.
# 12
Bardsley
Bardsley
09/10/2002 1:42 pm
He he he :D you were counting on there not being a maniac Bob Dylan fan around here, weren't you, Marquis-of-fire? Well, "when your head gets twisted and your mind grows numb, and you think you're too old, too young, too smart or too dumb", just listen to Dylan's "Last thoughts on Woodie Guthrie". Heh, I love winning guessing games like that. Yee haw, you've made my day :D. But what about this? (slightly easier) "The coach man, he hit me for my hook, and he asked me my name. I gave it to him right away, then I hung my head in shame".
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 13
Marquis_of_fire
Marquis_of_fire
09/10/2002 9:16 pm
LO AND BEHOLD!!!
I bought my girl a herd of moose,
One she could call her own...
Very good song that. Im a very big Dylan fan. :)

"You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows,"
that and,
"Bob Dylan forget the words to one on his own songs, which one?"
# 14
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/11/2002 1:02 am
I don't know.
I'll have to remember to look back at this thread when I actually have money (or a sponsorer(my parents) to purchase an electric. I'm not in a hurry... i love acoustic.

# 15
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/13/2002 9:41 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
Wow, so many gear questions, and I've missed them all... I need to stop being lazy...

My first guitar was a cherry red Epiphone SG Special, a guitar I still use today. It set me back $180, and I put a $50 Seymour Duncan Buckshot humbucker in the bridge and replaced the wiring, knobs etc. so I have a $270 guitar that sounds like a $850 guitar. Whoever it was that said they'd recommend an Epiphone SG as a first guitar, you're very, very right. i'll second that.

Cool. I said that. Thanks. I play the G 400, like I said before.
Its a very nice guitar. I wouldn't do anything to it though. Except the autograph, thats cool.
Anyway, if given the choice between my Epiphone and the the $3500 real thing, I'll take the Epiphone.
-And it was good
# 16
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/13/2002 10:21 pm
Maybe a Dimarzzio for a new pickup. I dunno, I've heard good things about them.
Anyway my guitar was autographed by Pat Pentland and Chris Murphy from Sloan. Un fortunatly, you can barely see where Chris signed it anymore due to the where and tear on my axe. All well, its the instrument, not how it looks, and the day I met those two is what I'll remember, not the autograph.
-And it was good
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.