View post (I'M BACK)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/09/2002 10:12 am
lmao, I came back to have a look at this thread... and found that it was 3 pages long, i thought i was really popular, only to find that you bastards had started chatting amoung yer selves... oh well...
I'm bilingual, I speak English and arabic (both as fisrt language, i haven't got a preference for either)... But god, I had some miserable times due to it, because we didnt know we'd be here permenantly (when i was little), i would go to yer standard comprehensive school here which is in English, and then get home do my english home work, and then do the arabic school work, and at weekends i'd go to arabic school... I hated it soooooooooooooo much, but i think it did give me an advantage... by the way, when i did arabic studies it wasn't just language, I did the full range of subjects (literature, maths, science(s), history, goegraphy etc etc)... When i was only at primary school this was ok, cos the work wasn't heavy, and i hope i dont sound arrogant, but i'm fairly bright acedemically (my spelling leaves a lot to be desired though)... by the time i was in my mid teen, it was TOO much, and i ended up taking time off english school to catch up with arabic school (which would finish a month and a half before), and then come back to english school to catch up, arrrrrrrrrrrrgg, just thinking about it brings it all back... but luckly it all stopped when i was 15..

I'm not at work today, cos i quit.. I need to buy stuff for when i move to uni next week... oh actually, i might not be able to post as much when i'm there.... bugger..