Why are alot of people in the music business poopoo heads

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/07/2002 4:00 am
patronizing? I started on acoustics, and two of my current set of five are acoustic. And I use fairly heavy strings (.011-.046 & .012-.052) on my electrics because I tend to play them like acoustics.

Acoustics don't dominate. Neither do electrics. They're different voices in the same choir.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/08/2002 12:29 am
Acoustic dominates.

# 2
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/08/2002 2:51 pm
Originally posted by iiholly
Maybe I have, but I haven't played electric. I'm going to try it, but I don't I'm not a very hardcore rock type person so i don't think i'll be able to handle it.

It's not that hard, in fact it's much easier than acoustic, the strings are thinner, the strings closer together and generally nearer the fretboard. Going back to acoustic can feel like playing a bass guitar to me!
You don't have to play balls to the walls distortion stuff, electric lets you do fingerstyle stuff but with the added bonus of (when you've practised it a while) adding tapping to your runs. A bit of chorus and reverb sounds beautiful with an electric.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/08/2002 5:45 pm
I think there are many reasons why so many people in the music industry are poopooheads is to do with the fact that there are a lot of poopooheads on the planet (I can sympathize with Hobbs’s take on human nature)!

Several observations:

Often it is the lowest common denominator prevails, look at popular music.

As we are dealing with opinion there is no correct answer or even a testable hypothesis there for opinion is paramount.

The self opinionated (who shout loudest) often refuse to see any one else’s point regardless of how intelligent or relevant it is.

Many people believe they will appear cool of the appear to be indifferent to potentially exciting things and or hurt / dominate people smaller than they are.

Where there is money to be made, there will allways be sharks !

Im not bitter honest !!!

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.