Ozzy O.

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
08/30/2002 7:49 pm
Here is a hard question: Who is YOUR favourite guitar player who played together with Ozzy. (Iommi is also included)?

I can´t decide between Randy & Zakk.

OK, maby Randy afterall but I´m not sure.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
Locomotive breath
Locomotive breath
08/30/2002 8:51 pm
I like Zakk because;
He is American
He lifts weights
His attitude
His love for guitar rock
Not afraid to have a big beard
Never cut his hair off with the short trend (like Mettalica)
I think Hammet is a fag by the way.
He likes beer.
These are my reasons cause he can play every bit as good as Rhoads

# 2
Kirk Hammett worshiper
Kirk Hammett worshiper
09/01/2002 10:24 pm
Randy, definitely. He has a hell of a lot more musical talent than Zakk.

And Kirk isn't gay, he only sounds gay.
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, but it can get pretty crappy these days.
# 3
MikeP.
MikeP.
09/04/2002 2:38 am
Like my sig says. I started playing because of Randy Rhoads. It took me awhile to get used to Zakk because of my Randy obsession (I learned the whole Tribute album note for note). I also have a bunch of bootlegs both in video and cassette tapes, A couple of Randy Rhoad's picks framed, Some original photo's of Randy Rhoads as well. I also use GHS Strings like Randy and Zakk used/uses.

Zakk is an awsome...no waite... a phenomenal player. I also have to agree with Locomotive breath for his reasons that he listed. Also Zakk is awsome in online interviews..uncesored and thinks just like I do. I have everything he ever did with ozzy (bootlegs too), the original limited addition Live and loud video with the grill cover, the dvd version, Pride and Glory (Also makes a great beer coaster),Book of shadows (His acoustic album), BLS albums, Ozzy Live at Budokon both on Cd and dvd, plus his ozzy pick with his name on the back.

I like all of Ozzy's guitarist:
Toni Iomi
Randy Rhoads
Brad Gillis
Jake E. Lee (I have his the ultimate ozzy video, Japanese import live video with ozzy, and his Badlands video)
Zakk Wylde
and Joe Holmes

One of my most prized possessions is a huge Bark at The Moon promo poster signed by all the band members. I have it framed (No it's not for sale) :-)

Hell I even have Ozzy tattooed on my left knuckles wich I did when I was 13 and the same year I started learning guitar. I'm 30 now.

I like both Zakk and Randy equally.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 4
guitargod420
guitargod420
09/05/2002 11:35 pm
mother fu#kin zakk wylde, is the man and if i must say zakk is a better GUITAR player than rhandy but rhandy was a better musician but as guitar playing zakk would kill rhandy , dont get me wrong rhandys a bad as$ guitar player and one of my favorite , and plus dont nobody play like zakk theres nobody out there who u can confuse zakk wylde with hes simply in a league of his own

peace
# 5
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
09/06/2002 7:08 pm
Damn Mike P. You seem to have evrything of Ozzy. That´s really grat. However i think that Randy is more smooth somehow. But is Jake E Lee any good? I never heard him really and when it comes to Ozzy, people usualy talk abou Rhoads and Zakk.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 6
MikeP.
MikeP.
09/06/2002 7:47 pm
Yeah..Jake is great. Dwnload the song Lightning Strikes (Ozzy) from Kazaa or morpheus then let me know what you think :-) Or Even check out the songs Bark at The Moon or Rock N Roll rebel...both great Jake E Lee songs .
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 7
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
09/08/2002 12:20 am
Yeah, I think Jake E Lee is underated. I only learned who he was after Zakk Wylde mentioned him in an interview.
Anyway, I dont know how you can say Randy was a better musician but Zakk was a better guitarist. Whats with that? I think as far as anything goes, they where equals.
Anyway, I like Zakk, Randy and Tony. Tony is cool cause he didn't quit after he lost his fingers. Randy Rules cause he brought classical music to metal. Sure there where players before who brought classical to rock, like Ritchie Blackmore, but after Randy, everyone started doing it. And last but not least, Zakk is cool cause he merges the creativity of heavy metal from Tony and the Speed and Shreddyness of Randy.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.