View post (Best/Favorite Drummer)

View thread

stratman42
stratman42
09/23/2002 7:31 pm
Wow, i aint been on this forum in a year. My musical tastes have...shall we say expanded, an i'm glad to say i agree with most of the choices on here. However (and as i kno some of you may be a little touchy about this subject i do state this is only my opinion) i dont agree particularly about lars ulrich. I must say ive not heard much early Metallica stuff but from what ive heard overall i'd say that for me he doesnt make full use of the double bass drums. I know sometimes these can be overused, but theres not much point having them if theyre hardly used at all...onc again i stress to the vast amount of you that are metallica fans and/ornewish to the forum...THIS IS JUST MY OPINION FROM MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF DRUMMING AND METALLICA. For what i consider to be a good useage of double bassage d/l some stuff by blind guardian - a german power metal band most of you have probably never heard of. Their drummer, Thomen Stauch, is well-versed in double bass drum technique but finds time to use other techniques too, which is good. As far as my other faves go, Mike Portnoy, John Bonham and Ian Paice...also Bill Ward from sabbath, i wonder y he's not been mentioned yet....

*Ponders* Did i ever become a senior member?
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D