Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40

hdoran
Full Access
hdoran
Full Access
08/08/2018 6:57 pm

Curious to hear if others have experiences with this amp and would like to hear opinions. In my band, I need to have bright cleans, some vintage overdrive, and the ability to get some real dirt for heavier drop tuned songs.

Whatdraws me to the amp is its ability to work with MIDI and I have a line 6 HD POD 500x that can serve as the MIDI controller. So, I can save a recall tones, volume, effects, boost on the actual amp and use then use the POD only to recall those presets as needed.

I also like to convenience of going DI straight from the amp to the board to save setup time on stage and less gear to manage in a small room.

Thanks and looking forward to your opinions.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/10/2018 7:59 pm

I have not played through one of those. But I saw the demo video & it seems really versatile!

Originally Posted by: hdoran

Whatdraws me to the amp is its ability to work with MIDI and I have a line 6 HD POD 500x that can serve as the MIDI controller. So, I can save a recall tones, volume, effects, boost on the actual amp and use then use the POD only to recall those presets as needed.

Sounds like everything you need! The only thing I would suggest is to actually play through one with your main guitar to see how it feels in real life! Have fun with it!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.