View post (Avatar editing currently malfunctioning?)

View thread

manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
08/08/2018 12:08 am

The end user Avatar editing function is not working as it should per its instructions and as previously experienced. I am full access sub. Could you investigate please?

I tried to edit (change) my current custom avatar yesterday, several times as it failed to action the change on the initial or subsequent attempts. Pretty sure I adhered to the required protocols.

i.e. Selected edit avatar, selected custom avatar upload, and uploaded a 200 × 200px 20kb avatar image from my PC conforming to all the outlined format requirements.

Tried all three .jpg, .gif and .png formats. Same result each time. The image change wasn't applied. The image is a guitar, nothing controversial or obscene a filter might have prohibited unless there's an unstated manual review and approval process prior to it appearing?

My upload indicated as a successful upload on each occasion. I selected save change as my final step on each attempt.

When I closed and relaunched the GT page, selected and entered my account, no avatar was selected by auto-default and yet my previous unupdated custom avatar was displaying although instructions state selecting no avatar active will delete any previous custom avatar. What the!???

I tried editing on both PC and Android tablet. I manually refreshed the browser page to ensure I wasn't reloading from cache.

Can you look into this please and advise? If it's 'finger trouble' my end I'd like to know, but prima facie It appears the custom avatar editing function is not working as it should at the server end.

Thank you.