guitar practice:my schedule. Any advise plzzzz

samsarus
Full Access
samsarus
Full Access
08/02/2018 2:54 am

this was my practice sheet for july( 5to 7hrs a day), i must add that im also following a theory course on udermy...now i broke ny wrist,right hand, and basically im doing all with my left...

any tips?opinions?

tks in advance :)

https://imgur.com/a/jqkSuIL

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/03/2018 5:17 pm

Hi samsarus,

That schedule is really intense. I have to commend you by sticking to such a rigourous schedule. But I must say, you don't have to practice 5 - 7 hours a day! Stick to about an hour or 45 minutes per day and that should be enough. Too much practice will overwork your fingers and hand muscles, leading to injuries, especially now since you already have a broken wrist!

You have to take it easy. Your wrist will most likely heal, but once it does, I recommend not practicing more than 2 or 3 hours each time. A lot of guitar players tackle the instrument too hard and they get burnt out.

That's my suggestion.

Rock on!

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
samsarus
Full Access
samsarus
Full Access
08/05/2018 4:46 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi samsarus,

That schedule is really intense. I have to commend you by sticking to such a rigourous schedule. But I must say, you don't have to practice 5 - 7 hours a day! Stick to about an hour or 45 minutes per day and that should be enough. Too much practice will overwork your fingers and hand muscles, leading to injuries, especially now since you already have a broken wrist!

You have to take it easy. Your wrist will most likely heal, but once it does, I recommend not practicing more than 2 or 3 hours each time. A lot of guitar players tackle the instrument too hard and they get burnt out.

That's my suggestion.

Rock on!

-Billy

thanks Billy, I appreciate it. btw i broke my wrist at a shitty death metal live in shanghai.

Cheers:)

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.