Greetings from Oregon

jvan9650
jvan9650
07/20/2018 10:45 pm

Hi, my name is John and I'm from Oregon. I'm brand new to the guitar at 51. I've been a music lover for my whole life and have wanted to play guitar for many years, but never felt like I had the confidence to do so. I felt that since I have small hands it would just be too difficult. I tried playing when I was a kid but gave up becuase I didn't want to practice and had a guitar that was totally unsuited for me. Lately I have been listening to a lot of Chet Atkins and Buck Owens and I finally decided that now was the time. I had a friend of mine who is the guitarist in a pretty good local band go shopping with me and I came home with a Breedlove Discovery Dreadnought, which I absolutely love. I haven't had it long, but have been practicing nearly every evening. Though it all seems a little intimidating, I am determined to keep at it so I can play for my family and someday do some jamming with my friends. Other than Chet Atkins and Buck Owens, I admire David Gilmour, Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, Justin Hayward, Don Rich and Glen Campbell, to name just a few.

# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/22/2018 2:31 pm

Hey Jvan,

Wow, that beautiful Breedlove should be a great companion for you as you head towards playing those songs and styles you love.

You will find SO much great stuff here that will help get you to the place you want to be with playing guitar - welcome!!

Best - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.