View post (Re. Heat. How do you all cope?)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
07/09/2018 9:43 pm
Originally Posted by: chrispike306Very jealous! But at anywherre from £600-£1000 a room, I can't afford air conditioning!

Yes that's about the cost of single splits including installation.

A/Cs whether single or multi-split or central ducted, are all inverter and reverse cycle these days, so double as heating in winter. Also quite affordable in comparison with what they cost not so very long ago. No longer a luxury really, much like climate control whch comes in new cars today. Being split systems with inverter motors deployed even for single rooms these days, they're quiet and less expensive to run too, much as most energy providers are doing their utmost to counter the latter.

Your current 'heatwave' is the extreme of UK/EU summers. Just a spike, it won't last long. Unlike cold where you can rug up though, so there's not a lot you can do for humid heat outside staying in the A/C except to endure it in the best way you can find, which usually involves something to do with application of liquid internally and externally. Other than that, it's find a friend who has A/C and go jammin' or ...'suck it up' for the duration.

Preference for heat or cold is an individual thing IME. I prefer the cold. Can tolerate dry heat at quite high temps, i.e.40C, but anywhere coastal with high humidy above 30+C sucks the life out of me. You have my empathy.