View post (Power Chords - Why?)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
05/08/2018 2:59 pm
Originally Posted by: poshgirl

Hi there - I am going throught the fundamental courses and just finished the 1st course - yay! Super glad I took the course. Really helpful and the way the site is set up is pretty amazing.

I am ready to start the 2nd course but the first thing is power chords.

Can someone tell me how power chords are used? I assume they are mainly for rock...?

I am trying to determine if they are going to be something I need to know along the way...I want to play classical and country.

Thank you,

Maggie

The simple answer is; yes.

A few things to keep in mind, anything you can learn about playing guitar will be useful to you. Though you may rarely use it in classical, you will definately come across them in country. Sure, not as common as Metallica songs, but you will.

The important thing to keep in mind is if you have a chance to learn and understand something, learn it. From your question, I thought I'd take a look at the Power Chord section and it's pretty quick and easy. No harm and taking a few minutes to do it.

So often when I started playing way back when, I skipped some fendemental stuff and I was a fool to do so.

My two pennies...