View post (Is electric guitar necessary)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/07/2018 3:37 pm

Congrats on finishing GF 1&2!

Originally Posted by: kerwynjones2

Which of the three (Rock, Country and Blues) are best to work on with an acoustic guitar? I ask this question because it appears as though the Rock and Country courses have specific electric sections in them.

[/quote]

The country course contains the most lessons explicitly using & approached with acoustic guitar. That style uses the acoustic as a specific, essential component more than the others.

[quote=kerwynjones2]

Should I skip the electric sections until I have an electric guitar or simply work on them with my current acoustic guitar?

You should work your way through as many parts of any course as possible. There might be technical challenges (string bending, certain chords, single note melodies, riffs & leads) that difficult to do on acoustic. But you should attempt to work through as much as possible because that's how the curriculums were designed to be used.

There's also the question of your goals & desire. Do you want to play country? What style do you want to play?

At a certain point an inexpensive electric might be worth the investment to help you achieve your musical goals.

Hope this helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory