View post (Hi)

View thread

NickFerra
NickFerra
04/21/2018 5:51 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel
Originally Posted by: NickFerra

I tried the d minor pentatonic scale and it's just not working very well.

Any help in translating the intro and whatnot would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

That's all basic D minor pentatonic blues based rock licks. Some of it might be at the 5th & 7th fret. And there are a couple of lead lines overlapping (overdubs?). Some of it even sound like he's using a slide. But, this roughly what I can hear.

|------------------------------|------------|[br]|------------------------------|------------|[br]|-----10/b(12)--12/b(14)~|~(14)----|[br]|-12--------------------------|------------|[br]|------------------------------|------------|[br]|------------------------------|------------|

|------------------------------|-----------------------------|

|--12-10--------------------|-12/b(14)(12)-10-------|

|-----------12-10--12~~~-|-----------------------------|

|------------------------------|----------------------------------------|[br]|------------------------------|-15--------------------15b/(17)-----|[br]|-----10/b(12)--12/b(14)-|------(14)(12)-10------------------|[br]|-12--------------------------|----------------------------------------|[br]|------------------------------|----------------------------------------|[br]|------------------------------|----------------------------------------|

|-------------------------------------|------------------------|[br]|-------------------------------------|------------------------|[br]|-12/b(14)(12)-10--12--10----|-12-10---------------|[br]|-------------------------------------|------------12-~~~---|[br]|-------------------------------------|------------------------|[br]|-------------------------------------|------------------------|

Sweet! Thanks! I'll try and mess around with it today. It's kinda hard to read cuz the lines are a little out of porportion but I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks again for your help!!

Nick