CCR & Stones

jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
03/17/2018 8:17 pm

Hey Mike just wondering if you know if any more Stones or CCR songs are in the pipeline. Also any more band marathons coming? Thanks a lot

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/18/2018 1:51 am

Hey Jamboss! Unfortunately, no Stones or CCR currently in the pipeline. Hopefully we'll get more in the future!

Lately, the pipeline has been more one-off type songs vs. band marathons - but I hear you. I'm still holding out hope we'll see a band marathon or two coming sometime in the near future!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/20/2018 1:02 pm

Hey Jamboss - we just shot the Stones "Shake Your Hips" -- should be coming to the site later this year.

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 3
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
04/23/2018 1:55 am

Thanks for the info Mike looking forward to it.

# 4
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
11/13/2018 10:29 pm

Hey Mike, any idea when the Shake Your Hips song tutorial is going to be released I know it's been awhile since u did the song. Thanks

# 5
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
11/14/2018 1:44 am

Hey Mike!

I haven't put in a request for it on GT yet. Kinda' sourced play info from other sources. But I was surprised to see CCR's "Who'll Stop The Rain" not in GT's songs list. I was around at that impressionable age at the time when that was a deserved major hit for them from a consecutive streak of chart toppers hurtling them to the peak of their popularity. My favourite Fogarty vocal, and arguably CCR song then, and now.

Appealing if easy riff, easy but appealing bridge, great lyrics and vocal performance by JF.

Perfect for a GT "How to play" tutorial for all levels without a made easy version being necessary.

# 6
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/14/2018 3:12 pm

Great tune!! Would love to teach that one! Given the lengthy approval process for permission to teach songs on the site, your best bet would be to let the "powers at be" know of your request in the Song Request forum. I'm not sure why that one was not included with the other CCR tunes - indeed this one is just as classic as all the others!! Fingers crossed!

[br]Mike

Originally Posted by: manXcat

Hey Mike!

I haven't put in a request for it on GT yet. Kinda' sourced play info from other sources. But I was surprised to see CCR's "Who'll Stop The Rain" not in GT's songs list. I was around at that impressionable age at the time when that was a deserved major hit for them from a consecutive streak of chart toppers hurtling them to the peak of their popularity. My favourite Fogarty vocal, and arguably CCR song then, and now.

Appealing if easy riff, easy but appealing bridge, great lyrics and vocal performance by JF.

Perfect for a GT "How to play" tutorial for all levels without a made easy version being necessary.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 7
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
11/14/2018 10:40 pm

Hey Mike, is the Stones Shake Your Hips tutorial going to be released soon it's been awhile. Any word yet on the live version of Street Fighting Man. Thanks

# 8
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/15/2018 3:02 pm

Sorry Jamboss, no word on when Shake Your Hips will drop, nor any decision on doing that live version. Hopefully we'll know something soon!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: jamboss1

Hey Mike, is the Stones Shake Your Hips tutorial going to be released soon it's been awhile. Any word yet on the live version of Street Fighting Man. Thanks

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 9
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/21/2018 1:54 pm

Hey Jamboss! Update: HQ has decided to do a Mick Taylor Artist Study instead of doing full tutorials of the Stones live versions. This should compliment the studio versions we already have on the site nicely. Look for it sometime next year!

[br]Mike

Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Sorry Jamboss, no word on when Shake Your Hips will drop, nor any decision on doing that live version. Hopefully we'll know something soon!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: jamboss1

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 10
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
11/22/2018 12:52 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for the update. A Mick Taylor artist study will be great. Looking forward to it.

# 11
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
11/23/2018 4:02 pm

I have to say I love Guitar Tricks! However I use it for learning riffs, theory, and technique. I tend to play my own original music and it keeps me fully engaged. As a result, I am not so much drawn to the song tabs.

But I got to say.... no Stones, no Zep, and no Hendrix?! No Satriani, No Bonamassa, No Johnnson, and no Beck?! Isn't that a little like studying Classical Music with no Brhams, No Bach, and No Beetoveen?

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 12
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
11/24/2018 10:34 am
Originally Posted by: snojones

I have to say I love Guitar Tricks! However I use it for learning riffs, theory, and technique. I tend to play my own original music and it keeps me fully engaged. As a result, I am not so much drawn to the song tabs.

But I got to say.... no Stones, no Zep, and no Hendrix?! No Satriani, No Bonamassa, No Johnnson, and no Beck?! Isn't that a little like studying Classical Music with no Brhams, No Bach, and No Beetoveen?

There's 24 Rolling Stones songs , 1 Hendrix plus an artist study on his style, and the same with Jeff Beck

# 13
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/24/2018 4:54 pm

Thank you FuzzB0x for beating me to the punch!

We do have a substantial list of Rolling Stones songs. And there is also a cover song each from Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, & Jeff Beck.

Please keep in mind that we can only teach songs if we get permission from the publishers that control the rights to the songs. And we are always trying to secure the rights to as many classic guitar songs as possible.

Please check out the list of artists currently available on the site:

https://www.guitartricks.com/artists.php

We also have Artist Studies for Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Johnson, and Keith Richards. You can check out the complete list here:

https://www.guitartricks.com/artiststudies.php

And please let us know what songs you would like to see by visiting the Song Request Forum. If we keep collecting user requests, we can keep presenting them to publishers to show there is demand for their songs. That way we have more of a chance of getting permission to teach more songs.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Originally Posted by: snojones

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 14
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
11/24/2018 4:59 pm

I stand corrected.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 15
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/25/2018 2:37 am

And the Who (Pete Townsend), Mike.............don't forget that some prevelant instructor (his name escapes me for some reason :>) ) did a fantastic study one Pete recently so........I'd say GuitarTricks has the main three food groups of British rock very well covered!!! Jim C.

# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.