I joined Guitartricks since 5 months ago and love

KT King
KT King
03/10/2018 8:27 am

It's great so far for a father like me eith two young kids. It's difficult to find time for private lessons - if there is I will spend the time teaching them anyway. Guitartricks let me pick up my guitar again after leaving it rusting for 10+ years.

Technique-wise, my initial comment is the lessons are not thorough enough. Say I'm learning sweep picking, and I found myself searching youtube for additional practices. I hope Guitartricks can provide more high quality practice materials.

Song-wise, you got some good ones such as Hotel California and Pretty Fly for a White Guy. Since I'm not familiar with most of the songs in your library, I hope Guitartricks can offer a way to listen to the songs available, so I don't need to youtube each of them. There are many songs to youtube.

Thanks and I think I'll continue to enjoy Guitartricks.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2018 4:40 pm

Hey & welcome to GT! Glad you are enjoying it.

Originally Posted by: kelvintsang

Technique-wise, my initial comment is the lessons are not thorough enough. Say I'm learning sweep picking, and I found myself searching youtube for additional practices. I hope Guitartricks can provide more high quality practice materials.

I'm not sure where you are looking or what lessons you are working through. But is you use the search function you can find a lot of lessons on just about any topic.

https://www.guitartricks.com/search.php?query=sweeping+sweep%2Bpicking

Also, I've got a whole series of tutorials on learning sweep picking from beginner through intermediate to advanced.

https://www.guitartricks.com/instructor.php?input=155014#Sweep_Picking

Hope that helps! If there's anything you can't find, then please ask! Have fun!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
KT King
KT King
03/11/2018 12:01 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Also, I've got a whole series of tutorials on learning sweep picking from beginner through intermediate to advanced.

Thanks Chris, let me review your lessons and let you know if I need help, thanks!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.