View post (Distortion)

View thread

fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
03/08/2018 6:58 pm
Originally Posted by: jasim.hd

Hi, Jeff.

For some reason I can't quote you. First of all, thank you for your input in this, I see clearly your point through No Rest For the Wicked, the sound is just clear cut and that's that.

So it seems everyone agrees on overdriving is way better than distortion, and I can vaguely see why. But my question is, you recommend overdriving my amp's dirty channel? I've tried that but the sound serioulsy is just plain bad with a lot of noise!

Again, thank you so much for your thoughts!

Personally I find that driving the gain/dirt channel works best on valve/tube amp better than on a solid state amp so that may be the reason it's not working for you.

I use a ProCo Rat myself and it's a great sounding pedal I've used it through both tube and solid state amps in the past and always been happy with the sounds I can get from it although the filter control on it works the opposite to the tone control on most pedals, the more you turn it up the more bass it brings in. If you are able to borrow one and try it through your Orange amp through the clean channel it should give you a good tone.