View post (Guitar Tricks Success Stories?)

View thread

paulcavaliere
Full Access
paulcavaliere
Full Access
08/06/2021 3:30 pm

I'm 49 and have never played an instrument.

During the pandemic I was looking for a hobby to keep me busy and always had a dream of playing guitar but never had the time. I bought an acoustic and was looking for structured lessons. Became a Guitar Tricks full access member. I liked the structure and professionalism of the lessons. No thinking, just follow the lesson plans.

I took Lisa's GF1 and GF2. Then Anders' Acoustic 1 and 2.

It took my about 8/9 months of focused, dedicated, intentional lessons/practice. 1 or 2 or 3 hours a day.

I am starting to learn songs now. My goal is to have 10 memorized for the campfire.

So far under my belt is "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd and "The River" by Bruce Springsteen. Can play and sing (I call it singing but my wife would beg to differ) the whole songs. I am now learning Layla - Unplugged. It has strumming, barre chords (B Flat!) and single line solos. Also planning some fingerstyle songs "Dust in the Wind" Boston and "Landslide" Fleetwood Mac. All techniques I learned in the courses. I feel confident that I can learn (and have been learning) all of these songs with the techniques I learned.

Then I plan on taking more courses (scales, Rock, theory) to further enhance my vocabulary. Its on ongoing, fun, fascinating, learning, playing, musical journey.

Good luck and have fun!