View post (Christian Music?)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
04/02/2021 7:21 pm

Since I'm, probably the longest lasting member outside of actual staff, I think people here have an idea of me.

I mean, I am a practicing Christian. Heck, I'm a lay minister who has given sermons and is even eligible to perform weddings and funerals (I've done neither though). Truth of the matter is; I agree with others that Guitar Tricks isn't exactly the place for scripture. While the Bible does say that the great commision is to bring in people to the fold, it's through how you act. That people see the fruits of your beliefs and if asked, you share whatever beliefs help a curious person understand and get to know Christianity.

That's as far as I'll go with that talk since folks here know that I post long replies to questions and never mention my beliefs. If asked, I'd share. However, that has nothing to do with how to change from a G chord to a D chord....though some folks probably pray that it could be easier!!

Still, unless asked, it's important to simply reply to what someones asks or to ask questions about how to play. That's what this forum exists to acheive; help other guitar players learn and build.

Carry on.....