View post (Memory Drain Pain!)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
01/15/2018 11:14 pm

Alf:

firstly.............loved your show (or at least the alien sarcastic character)!! There's some comfort in sharing frustration or some misery with others..........I'd add this though: Tweak things up a wee bit!! This extends interest..........also I'd imagine that if we both got ourselves into obligatory situations.......in other words........we were invited to do a 6-8 song set at some gig........the obligation of learning these tunes extensively would help the retention and necessitate the repetition!! Also, actually playing in front of folks and.......as long as we sounded good if not great.....this wouldn't make the mundane repetitive nature of our purpose........to nail these songs and/or guitar styles down......so much like boring factory assemblyline work!!??

One issue for me personally......I'm a CPA by profession and I've taken up guitar to get away from the discipline of super organized facts and practices.............yet to get there..to be able to just pick up the guitar and jam out like SRV or even the Beatles.......I first need to call upon super memorization and defeat the purpose!!

At any rate......great input and much appreciated my fellow sufferer!!

Jim C.