When should I move on from Beginner?

anniemacleodmusic
anniemacleodmusic
12/21/2017 2:18 am

Hi again. I've always been in too much of a rush in the past, and that's why I still suck haha and don't know any real theory. When do I know I'm ready to move on from the beginner section? I really want to build a solid foundation for myself and learn for real this time. Thanks.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/21/2017 2:58 pm
Originally Posted by: anniemacleodmusic

I've always been in too much of a rush in the past, and that's why I still suck haha and don't know any real theory. When do I know I'm ready to move on from the beginner section? I really want to build a solid foundation for myself and learn for real this time.

All the theory (the conceptual knowledge) that you need to know is built into the courses! So, if you are working through Guitar Fundamental 1 and 2, then just make sure you understand all the ideas presented in them. Then you'll be ready to start learning some songs and start working through one of the style courses (blues, rock or country, your choice!).

In general, your theory knowledge should match your playing ability (your physical skills on the guitar). So, as long as you understand what you are currently doing and working on, then you are fine. If you don't understand some aspect, then review the relevant part of the GF course, or please ask! That's what the forum is for! :)

Hope this helps! Have fun and play more guitar!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
vincentvachon000
vincentvachon000
01/28/2018 9:59 pm

When you feel confortable on what you already know!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.