View post (Best technique for moving the hand across strings)

View thread

fabriciovivas
fabriciovivas
11/27/2017 11:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I think my message was not clear enough because I forgot to tell that my problem is with my picking hand, not the fretting one.

I watched the video, however, since the camera focus on his picking hand I do not know what movement he is making with his right forearm/arm. Is his forearm sitting on the guitar?

Some videos on the internet explains that my hand should make a diagnoal move across the strings. Others suggest that the movement should be just up and down.

There a few others that say that the wristle rotation should be used to reach other strings. However, this does not make much sense to me because I won't be able to each all six string only with writle rotation movement. Besides, the angle of attack of the pick to the string would change a lot.

Thanks,

Fabricio

Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi frabriciovivas,

Thanks for the kind comments, remember you can always leave thank you messages for Lisa and Anders on their forum pages.

If you're having trouble moving fast between strings, it sounds like you might want to work on your spider leg exercises to go up and down the fretboard smoothly. You always want to learn as slow as possible when you're learning something new.

Here's a good little exercise from Anders in Rock Level 2: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=21448&s_id=1720