View post (Best technique for moving the hand across strings)

View thread

fabriciovivas
fabriciovivas
11/27/2017 10:10 pm

Hi everyone!

First, I would like to congratulate Lisa McCormick and Anders Mouridsen for their great classes at Guitar Fundamentals and Rock Style Level 1.

Although I have been playing electric guitar for years and I am able to perform some solos from Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, I know that my techniques for fast picking are not good enough.

My main problem is moving fast among strings. When a fast part of the solo is in one string only (such as the end of Highway Star solo), I can handle. But when I need to move to another string, I have problems.

Therefore, to summarize my question is:[br] - What is the best technique for moving my hand between the strings?[br] [br]Just to give some more details (sorry for the long message).[br] - I use Jazz III picks.[br] - I anchor my palm at the bridge.[br] - My tremolo picking done by wristle movements only.[br] - My forearm is usually touching or anchored in the guitar body.[br] [br]I could not find any video at Guitar Tricks explaining arm or forearm movements. Maybe I did not search for the right keywords.

Thanks in advance,[br]Fabricio