Share how You record 'ELECTRIC GUITAR'

daryl-ang
daryl-ang
10/30/2017 2:48 am

Hi all,

I did many videos on me playing acoustic guitar and classical guitar.[br]But when it comes to recording an 'ELECTRIC GUITAR'[br]I got no idea how to to it professionally and on budget.[br]Would be great to know how everyone does their recording for electric guitar. :D

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/30/2017 7:11 pm
Originally Posted by: daryl-ang

I did many videos on me playing acoustic guitar and classical guitar.[br]But when it comes to recording an 'ELECTRIC GUITAR'[br]I got no idea how to to it professionally and on budget.[br]Would be great to know how everyone does their recording for electric guitar. :D

The easiest way to plug your guitar directly into a modelling amp or unit, them run it into your computer via an audio interface. One of the most inexpensive units is the FocusRite line.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ScarlettSoloG2

The good thing about buying a unit like is is that it comes with bundled digital audio recording software! Hoep this helps! Have fun recording!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/31/2017 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by: daryl-ang

Hi all,

I use this.

To Chris' point, you can get a good audio interface for a reasonable price and amp modeling software.

But, key to recording isn't what you use to get it down (though important), but know what to do when you've recorded it too. Go to the Recording Revolution free blog and you'll have years of reading to help you through.

# 3
Mox Freeman
Mox Freeman
11/26/2017 6:11 am

With a great amount of trial and error

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.