WHO THE HELL RATES THE TABS???

bornoffire
bornoffire
08/03/2002 7:34 am
EITHER I REALLY SUCK OR PEOPLE JUST DONT LIKE ME AND MY TABS.....IM NOT A BRAG,BUT IVE SEEN WORSE WITH BETTER RATINGS THAN ME.....DO THE PEOPLE VOTING EVEN APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT I SPEND TIME MAKING TABS TO LICKS AND TUNES AND SHARE THEM?AND I KNOW IF SOMTHING SUX IT DESERVES A BAD RATING BUT GEEZ,A 3 ON A DECENT,ACCURATE LICK AND SOUND BYTE..ESPECIALY IF YOU LIKE THE GENRE IN THE FIRST PLACE.....THIS ISNT AN ISOLATED INCIDENT........ALMOST ALL IVE POSTED HAS GOTTEN WORSE THEN A 6 (EXEPT PURPLE HAZE WICH GOES TO SHOW WHAT PEOPLE BASE A GOOD LICK ON HAS NOTHING TO DO SKILL...JUST GENRE)ANYWAY.....ID LIKE TO KNOW IF IM THE ONLY ONE( I KNOW IM NOT...IVE LOOKED AROUND)AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS...........NOTE:I ALSO BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A COMMENT PAGE FOR MEMBERS SO ONE MIGHT GIVE A BAD RATING BUT GIVE A REASON AND COMMENT ON THE PLUSES AND WHAT MIGHT BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE PIECE....JAM ON AND....HAVE FUN!!!!!!
jam it up!!!
# 1

08/03/2002 9:45 am
hm

I just saw your tricks. You are right u get low ratings. Only thing i can think of why, is the sound quality. Sound is a bit low.. and a bit buzzing. (only when u not play) U use singel coil??

Yes.. and play slow first than speed up.. remember what the trick is for.

# 2
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
08/03/2002 1:25 pm
first of all like i said before dont use cap lock all the time..

the ratings of the tricks dont matter that much..
i mean, its not guitarwar/battle here.. so why do you care so much about the rating? as long as someone uses the trick and learns something you shouldnt worry about the rating he gives to your trick
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 3
bornoffire
bornoffire
08/03/2002 1:32 pm
i posted that thread before you let me kindly in on the
caps crap......

and if the ratings dont matter what heck are they there for?
its no contest but i do post stuff to see where im at
in my playing....i just think REAL feedback should be considerd.......

and why would some one learn a piece they dont care for
in the first place?
jam it up!!!
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/03/2002 1:58 pm
There are people who don't think Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen are all that special. These are usualy younger players who were not around at the time, so they don't apreciate just how ground-breaking these pioneers were.

You may be suffering from the same syndrome on a smaller scale. Once someone has learned something, it doesn't seem so hard any more.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
taylormarkow
taylormarkow
08/03/2002 6:40 pm
the next time i see one of your tabs ill give it a good rating.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was why several of us died of tuberculosis.
# 6
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/04/2002 5:12 am
Some people may not try hard enough, or repeatedly enough one of your tricks. Therefore; they'll think it's dumb and give it a low rating. You really shouldn't let it get you down, because your stuff is good.

# 7
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
08/04/2002 11:02 am
Originally posted by bornoffire
NOTE:I ALSO BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A COMMENT PAGE FOR MEMBERS SO ONE MIGHT GIVE A BAD RATING BUT GIVE A REASON AND COMMENT ON THE PLUSES AND WHAT MIGHT BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE PIECE....JAM ON AND....HAVE FUN!!!!!!

I see you've enabled the email option on your profile, so if you want comments from the people who rate your tricks, why not say 'mail me with comments' after your tricks?
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 8
bornoffire
bornoffire
08/04/2002 2:22 pm
i didnt expect this much response.....thanks for the comments!
jam it up!!!
# 9
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
08/05/2002 3:18 pm
I rate tricks on my own little scale:

Sound Quality
1 Accuracy of TAB
2 If your clip matches your TAB
3 Explanation of how you play it (finger position..etc)
4 Application (if it's clearly explained what type of application you would put the lick in....i.e. exercise, blues turnaround, etc.

I can't remember if I've listened to yours or not, but I'll be sure to take a listen.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.