w d y think of MIB2?

proscribbler
proscribbler
08/02/2002 8:51 pm
What do you think of Men in Black 2?Im in the UK so the release is late.Feel free to completely spoil the plot...or not.
doo de da do da de dae
# 1
ZackyH
ZackyH
08/03/2002 5:21 pm
There wasn't much of a plot to spoil. I enjoyed the first film because it was fresh and unique. It had more character than the film, Independence Day, which I now hate btw. ID4 relies so much on special effects and so little on character development that there is nothing much tempting you to watch again. The problem with the second MIB film is that there is nothing revealed about the background of any of the characters. What was so cool about the last film was that you had a mysterious character and little by little things were revealed about his back story. You find out about his mysterious past and want to know more about this guy. This is what set it apart from all of the other sci-films of the 90's with whiz bang special effects. MIB2 just doesn't deliver anything new to the backstory of MIB and even resorts to using the same old gag of being a small part of the universe until it is run into the ground. A franchise that was once interesting is now just another shallow, cliche ridden popcorn flick and that's just sad. It could have been so much more.
# 2
taylormarkow
taylormarkow
08/03/2002 6:34 pm
yeah, it had pretty funny parts though.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was why several of us died of tuberculosis.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.