View post (Good to great?)

View thread

ctredwin
Full Access
ctredwin
Full Access
08/04/2017 8:04 pm

Hey everybody. This is a topic on my mind for a while, so would love a discussion. I've been playing a little over 4 years now, all the time with Guitar tricks lessons. I should say that I'm really happy with progress on both acoustic and electric, have learned quite a few '4 guitars ' difficulty songs, and love playing them.

Here's the thing though. For any medium or difficult songs, i hardly ever play them immaculately. Always a few small mistakes, e.g poor chord Voicing, duff note in solo, accidentally muted string etc etc.

So what does it take to get to that level? Watching the masters on stage, they look like they can play error free for hours (though my ear probably isn't good enough to pick up on any mistakes).

likewise, in most GT lessen videos, there are very few noticeable errors. (Any instructors reading? How many takes for a perfect lesson video on average?)

in short, should intermediate level players like me accept that perfection is most often out of reach, or is it just another barrier to break through?

regards, chris