Greetings from Rural Ohio

wolfsmg
wolfsmg
07/18/2017 8:36 am

Hello everyone. I guess that I should tell everyone a bit about myself.

I started my musical training with a trumpet a long time ago. Never really got very good at it, but that's what happens when you're a kid and your parents force you to learn an instrument. I did pick up some basic piano from a relative (really dusty skillset). When I was a teenager I started to learn bass and played on-and-off since then. Recently I've decided to get back into playing instruments and try out guitar.

Okay, not try out, I've actually wanted to learn guitar for a while and the neighbors don't look at you like you're insane when you're playing a guitar on the porch (bass is a different story).

I'll admit to being a bit lucky in my learning. A few of my neighbors play guitar. The closest one knows a few chords and is a really good tab player. Then there's the "acoustic bigot", really good guitarist but he dislikes electric guitars (good thing I have an acoustic and an electric). He's a bit impatient though. I've also met a few players at local music stores who have been really helpful.

I hope to learn to play rythym guitar. Tempo is easy for me (bass experience helps with that), strumming is a bit a pain (used to just using two fingers or a thumb). I hope to learn as much as possible while here and I'll try to help out others with some tricks I've learned.

What is this "strumming" of which you speak?

Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster "Kelli"[br]Epiphone Les Paul Special-II LE "Callie"[br]Rogue RA-090 Concert Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar "Theresa"

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/18/2017 7:13 pm

Hi wolfsmg,

We're happy to have you part of the best community of guitar learners on the internet! Truly! I tried playing bass a few times, I just couldn't do it. Everything was a bit too big for me but I have the utmost respect for you bassists! Anyways, looking forward to seeing your feedback around the forums!

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.