View post (Best Multi Effects Pedal for Stage)

View thread

hdoran
Full Access
hdoran
Full Access
06/24/2017 1:54 pm

Jus to close the loop on this for anyone who might be interested. I ended up buying the Line 6 HD 500x Pro and I have used it on stage once. My band 7 Deadlies was invited to play inside the professional (Nationals) basebal stadium in Washington DC yesterday and I wanted to have minimal gear to load and set up. So I used the Line 6 instead of my amp and board for the first time.

Before taking it to the live stage, I spent a few days orienting myself to the board, the software, and dialing in my sound. I found the amps to be rather authentic and bold and the options for pedals are vast.

I found that I could easily replicate my "real" board quite easily, but also add in things that couldn't fit onto my pedal board, like a noise gate which worked extremely well to minimize hum.

Sound check was actually much easier than when I use my amp and pedals train. All pedals and tones were all previously set to the right volume, we simply plugged right in and we were doing sound check within minutes and made essentially zero adjustments.

My tone and volume was under control the entire time and switching between virtual pedals was extremely easy.

I'm still a real amp and real pedal guy. But, for those who gig regularly and get tired of walking up backstairs with a heavy amp and pedal board and need an easy set up on occassion, this was a nice alternative.