Long Road

patter1966.sp
patter1966.sp
06/17/2017 4:06 am

Hello from Oklahoma.

I've been doing the lessons for a couple of months now and I'm really enjoying it. When I was a teenager back in '82, I was in a garage band and I played a Strat style Peavey. I still miss those days. Still miss that guitar. We covered a lot of Sabbath, Foghat, early Scorpions and some Def Leppard when Pyromania came out. We sounded terrible but we thought we were rock gods. Wish I could go back in time...

Married my sweetheart after graduating and lost interest. Priorities, you know. Fast forward to present day. Three kids, four grand-kids and 200 lbs later. My wife passed away three tears ago and I find myself alone. So on a whim, I walked into our local music store and became the proud owner of an Epi LP Standard. Flamed cherry sunburst, dual Buckers and Grovers on the head. I stand it in the corner and its very pretty to look at. I thought it would all come back easy, still remembered a handful of chords. But not as easy as I thought. My hands are beat up from years of work. Eventually the corner of my living room became the Epi's permanent home.

Then one day not long ago, I made a miraculous discovery and I learned later that this miraculous thing I discovered was called a Wizard lll. As fate would have it, back in the music store, I picked up an Ibanez RG 450 and things haven't been the same since. 24 jumbo frets, shark tooth inlays, WHAT?!! This thing DOES NOT live in the corner. So easy to play. I'm having fun again, reliving my rock god days. But like a zit on a supermodel, it has the Ibanez version of a Floyd Rose. If only it were a hardtail, it would be the perfect guitar. Gotta find a way to block that thing off.

[br]So that's my story. As you can see, I like to talk.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/19/2017 7:28 pm

Hi patter1966.sp,

I'm very glad you shared your story here, it's engaging and a little inspiring. I'm happy to hear that you're still keeping up with guitar even after all those years. And if you like to talk, you've come to the right place. Feel free to share more stories across all over the forums.

I'm looking to hear about your progress on Guitar Tricks!

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.