Free Jamming - It Hurts Me Too

RGX312l
RGX312l
05/12/2017 12:38 pm

Hi GT!

I tweaked out a new patch on the ME-80 and trying out this new tone. Although it don;t sound a lot different from my usual tone, it felt different when playing through it. I think many of us have experienced it before , yes?

This is what Paul Gilbert tells us not to do...free jamming :)

playing over backing track ....

https://soundcloud.com/rgx312l/x_it-hurts-me-too-rgx-cover

Rock on!

RGX

"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 1
maggior
maggior
05/12/2017 5:50 pm
Originally Posted by: RGX312l

Hi GT!

I tweaked out a new patch on the ME-80 and trying out this new tone. Although it don;t sound a lot different from my usual tone, it felt different when playing through it. I think many of us have experienced it before , yes?

This is what Paul Gilbert tells us not to do...free jamming :)

playing over backing track ....

https://soundcloud.com/rgx312l/x_it-hurts-me-too-rgx-cover

Rock on!

RGX

Wow, much different from previous outings! Cool bluesly playing. You sounded like you were channeling some Rory Gallagher at the 1:25 mark. Some blistering yet smooth licks in here!

My playing has been influenced by my guitar tone many times. Last night I was playing around with a tone that is heavier than I normally do, and I found myself playing some Rush and Zeppelin :).

I think it's great to jam like this on a regular basis...both on tracks that are in your wheelhouse and not. Those that you normally wouldn't play sometimes bring new things out of you since you are forced to invent or at least adapt things.

Great stuff!!

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/12/2017 6:59 pm

Hey RGX3121,

Super sweet jam sesh there! Do you find it tough controlling the ME-80 with all its switches? :0

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
RGX312l
RGX312l
05/14/2017 12:09 am

Hi Maggior,

[br]For folks who do not have a regular band, I guess backing track is a great sub. I think of it as the ultimate Guitar Hero game.

[br]Now that you've mentioned it, I realise I have not been posting much straight blues stuff on Soundclould. I suppose I have been caught up in playing 'outside the box' a little too much. So, time for me to do more of this - because it really feels great :)

[br]Thanks for your encouraging words.

RGX

# 4
RGX312l
RGX312l
05/14/2017 12:17 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hey RGX3121,

Super sweet jam sesh there! Do you find it tough controlling the ME-80 with all its switches? :0

- Billy

Actually, it's because of the many knobs that makes the ME80 easy to operate. Because there is no need to go into any sub-menu to create a tone. Every knob does exactly what it says on the label - nothing else. It is really like having all the BOSS pedals laied out in front of you.

The cool part is switching from program mode to manual mode. By tapping on a foot switch, the user can get out of a programmed tone into manual mode. Once there, the user can turn on/off any effects using the foot switches - like a padel chain. Best thing is, the changes will not be written, and the orignal tone remains so that it can be used again next time.

I only have to refer to the instruction manual once - just for a few global setting for the device. Total time spent -- 3 minutes.

EDIT: how rude of me...Hi Billy!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.