What next?

Docash
Docash
05/12/2017 4:18 am

So, it's been a little over 6 months and I'm finally on my last lesson of the guitar fundamentals courses. I don't have the lesson mastered yet, but I'm sure it will come with some more practice. Is there a recommendation on which core series to proceed with next (blues, country, rock)? I realize people are going to say do which one interests you most, but what I'm really asking is there one over the others that is more fundamentals based? I still see myself as very much a beginner and not necessarily what I would consider "intermediate" as the lesson title suggests.

Thanks!

# 1
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
05/12/2017 7:05 am

If you're into country then go for it. The blues and rock courses don't add much to that. Otherwise consider looking a blues course before rock. There are a lot of similarities on licks and chord progressions. As it is stated on this forum many times before, a rock is born out from blues.

# 2
maggior
maggior
05/12/2017 1:28 pm
Originally Posted by: jarkko.eklund

If you're into country then go for it. The blues and rock courses don't add much to that. Otherwise consider looking a blues course before rock. There are a lot of similarities on licks and chord progressions. As it is stated on this forum many times before, a rock is born out from blues.

+1

I'm primarily a classic rock player, but I went throught he blues course to learn improvisation. I then cherry picked some stuff from the rock course.

The genre courses are broken into two parts. There will be some repetition from the fundamentals course to introduce genre specific things. For instance, as I recall the pentatonic scales are taught in the fundamentals course. They will be covered again in the rock/country/blues courses, but the emphasis will be on how they are applied to that genre.

As you go through, if you find things are missing in your learning from the fundamentals course, go back to specific lessons for a refresher.

Because I'm primarily a rock player, I didn't get too hung up on the blues lessons that went into detail of the styles of BB King, Albert King, etc. Take what you want/need from the lessons.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.