View post (Best guitar pedals)

View thread

NeverEnoughFuzz
NeverEnoughFuzz
05/13/2018 6:26 am

I would suggest a overdrive, fuzz, octave and a Wah Pedal.

I love playing with my pedals in front of my amp. At the moment I am loving my Boss Blues Driver, Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face and TC Electronics Sub N' Up octave pedal.

TheBD2 sounds is great for that overdriven blues tone, just got to learn the SVR licks..

Jim Dunlop Fuzz Face mini, silcon based fuzz based on the orginal from the sixties. Outstanding pedal.

TheSub N' UP is half the price of the EHX Pog but sounds great, has one up nd two down octaves. Also has a few different settings, with Classic and Polyphonic as well as the Toneprint. For that Jack White, Rival Sons, Gary Clark Jr sound this does the job well.

I got another fuzz last week that I am still trying to nail down, the DOD Carcosa. Got a feeling this will be a faveorite pedal ever or will sell it week.

I had the Zoom MS-70CDR, simiar to the MS-50 mention before. While it was fanastic value for money I sold as I realised I didnt use because it was fiddly to use and in the end I got other pedals to make the tone I wanted ie a separate octave pedal. The Zoom pedals are a great way of learning what tones and effects you want but in the end unless you use a lot of different modulations, delays, etc you'll you only use one or two of the effects.

Cheers

Fender Strat Jimi Hendrix Series MIM

Epiphone 59 Les Paul

Pus a few others

Boss Katana Mk2 100 watts

Bugera V22 combo

Far too many pedals...