Weekly/Monthly STREAMS?......

dtagle
Full Access
dtagle
Full Access
04/19/2017 1:31 am

I asked this in a separate thread but I decided to make this its own thread.

As I'm a member of many guitar learning sites, I'd like to ask if you could implement this feature the other sites are doing.

Sites like Jamplay, Truefire, and Guitarlessons are offering weekly or monthly FREE streams on a particular topic for that week (Q&A's, gear, specific technique lesson, songs, riffs, etc). It's usually a 60/90 minute stream (usually on a Monday or Tuesday) and is available to everyone.

The main difference being that the "CHAT/QUESTION" function on the side of the streaming videos is given only to paying students of the website to ask questions, but others (potential customers) can view the stream for FREE via the Youtube stream. Jamplay has gone even further with this concept by sometimes offering day long free streams and free gear giveaways during the holiday season (giving extra entries to giveaways to people liking/following and/or referring to friends on social media sites).

The old stream videos are then put in an archived catalog so students that missed the video can revisit what was discussed for that particular week.

I think this would be a great idea for current students to learn something new, ask questions, and maintain that "loyalty/togetherness" to this community....all the while potentially obtaining new students to join GT that are sitting on the fence to join.

Many people who subscribe to your channel on YOUTUBE or Facebook/Twitter or via email list will be notified of the upcoming lesson (whether paying students or not) and join in. This is how the other sites are doing it.

Guitartricks Youtube channel currently sits at 61k subs. The other sites I mentioned above have at least 210k+ to 320k subs in their Youtube Channels.......An "active" social media promotional stream component could vastly grow the business with potential to bring in new students as well as keeping existing students "loyal" to the brand.

I think this Stream idea your competitors are doing would be a great thing for this company (i.e. new students) as well as current students who want to discuss "all things" guitar, like myself (btw, this has nothing to do with the 1-on-1 lessons you and other sites currently offer).

Since the other heavy hitter competitors are doing this, I think the next heavy hitter (i.e. GT!) should get into this game!

It's a win/win for all!.........

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/19/2017 5:50 pm

Hi dtagle,

This is a fantastic idea. Guitar Tricks used to have a live webinar. It was something we tried, but haven't figured out quite yet. If we do it, we want it to make sense for all of our guitar players, and we certainly want to make it the best it can possibly be.

We're definitely taking your feedback into consideration.

Thanks, and happy guitar playing!

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
dtagle
Full Access
dtagle
Full Access
04/19/2017 11:13 pm

Billy,

Glad to hear the receptiveness.

Concidentally, today, Wednesday, two of the sites I mentioned did Free Streams with Chat. One covered "Sliding" and the other covered "Country Flat Picking". One used Youtube and their internal website to stream and the other used Livestream and their internal website. Both sites notified/reminded me via social media and via email a couple of hours before the lesson.

....Just giving you a "blueprint" of how they do it.

When streaming, all of them do it internally on their site, but ALSO SIMULTANEOUSLY on a site like Youtube, Livestream, or Facebook (all with chat).......Generally anywhere from 100+ to over 400+ from many [u]countries[/u](!) I've observed viewing at any given time for such streams (unsurprisingly, heavier during holiday breaks) -- so they are very well attended.

Hope this helps!

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/20/2017 12:03 am

Feedback like this is always appreciated! So keep them coming whenever you think of something.

- Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4
f1kss22l
f1kss22l
08/01/2019 8:05 am

Usually streaming on YouTube is not very functional . I would prefer to watch training videos on a special platform like Zoom .There are much more features and options for recording learning lessons .Through zoom https://zoomappdownload.com[br] app people can enjoy quality video, audio, and screen-sharing capabilities and experiences which helps to improve knowledge .

# 5
wonal85807
wonal85807
04/18/2020 1:20 pm

I also think streams in youtube is not that much great because of its sound problem and many other things so I suggest you to please use https://downloadzoomapp.com

If you need any help in zoom then let me know I will help you out.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.