Most Eye popping lessons

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
04/11/2017 1:59 pm

I've only been a full access member for a couple of days and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of material (a very good thing) and feel like a spoiled kid Christmas morning with countless presents and not knowing which to open and play with first......any suggestions for memorable lessons especially in the blues and/or blues/rock genre as recommendation??

Thanks!!

Jim C.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/11/2017 6:15 pm
Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

I've only been a full access member for a couple of days and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of material (a very good thing) and feel like a spoiled kid Christmas morning with countless presents and not knowing which to open and play with first......any suggestions for memorable lessons especially in the blues and/or blues/rock genre as recommendation??

Thanks!!

Jim C.

Hi Jim! Welcome to the awesome Guitar Tricks community! I can recommend some really cool lessons for you, but I'm not sure of what your skill level is.

This is one of my favorite lessons here:https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=17162&s_id=1288

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
04/11/2017 9:01 pm

I'd say my level is advanced intermediate. For example I really flipped out on Joel DIJK's funk lesson as well as Dave Cellentano's cover of one of my all time favorite tunes by perhaps my favorite band "Deacon Blues" and I already knew Anders, Tom Finch and Mike couldn't do a bad lesson if you paid them (well.......OK.....that would be ironic) but if you could specifically point me to advanced acoustic blues plus funk........like I've already said, both Joel and Kenny are superior here but often there are gems I miss and I don't always have all the time in the world to search although this is fun as well!! I already feel like the poster child for GuitarTricks and although there are a few minor tweaks I can see that would make the site even more solid (like showing the actual chords in a separate box rather than tabbing them or having an immediate "Home" icon to return automatically whenever you're working on something rather than hitting the back arrow..........picking nits I know) I am thrilled! What a deal especially since I really need to repeat lessons multiple times to have them truly sink in on internal hard drive! Live lessons go by the wayside and one can easily blow the annual subscription price on even a week's worth of concentrated lessons but unless I taped them all and studied them over and over.....not as effective as these professionally videoed lessons! Plus everyone seems really cool and friendly and genuinely concerned that we learn their lessons and techniques!! Color me very pleased!! Jim C.

# 3
maggior
maggior
04/12/2017 1:06 pm

I felt the same when I first came here 4 years ago..I was like a kid in a candy store!! I came here as a a stalled intermediate. I went throught the core lessons for review, blew through Blues 1 and really settled in with Blues 2. The blues lessons and personal exchanges with Anders through the forum got me over my improvisation hurdle and really moved my playing forward.

The real jewel to me is the song lesson library. You will learn every detail of the song and learn it correctly. Currently I play mostly classic rock, so I've really dug stuff like Doobie Brothers, Black Crowes, Beatles, Eagles, etc.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.