Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR Sustainiac

jasim.hd
jasim.hd
04/07/2017 7:41 am

Hello, beautiful people.

[br]Can I please have your thoughts on Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR Sustainiac guitar?

Now I live in Jordan (Middle Eeast) and finding a good guitar is near impossible, and very, SO VERY, expensive. I'm travelling to Dubai for business soon, and I thought I could pick a good guitar there and bring it home withme.

I found great guitars like Gibson and some Ibanez, but way out of budget. While searching, I found a beautiful brand new Schecter for about $750 from a music shop there.

Can I, kindly, have your thoughts on it?

Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate it.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/07/2017 6:53 pm

Not entirely sure, Jasim.hd. I haven't used a Schecter, but I'll ask the rest of the community and let's see what they say! It is a beautiful guitar though :0

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
bmorrison66
bmorrison66
04/07/2017 10:59 pm

One of the best if not THE best value on the market today!! I own 3 of them and couldn't be happier with the playability and quality, especially the necks, SICK! I've played that same guitar at GC and Love it, mine are a little different but I swear by them!!

# 3
bmorrison66
bmorrison66
04/07/2017 10:59 pm

It's Schecter, By the way

# 4
alex.deleon343
alex.deleon343
04/08/2017 12:43 am

I own a Schecter Hellraiser and Blackjack. As someone who does not have much money, I have to say Schecter makes every dollar spent worth it. I highly recommend getting a Schecter. Plus, the Damien guitars are always beautiful.

# 5
jasim.hd
jasim.hd
04/14/2017 12:56 pm

So you guys recommend, in general. It's a beautiful guitar. I'll see what'll happen next week and keep you posted.

Thank you guys for the advise. Appreciate it. :)

# 6
jasim.hd
jasim.hd
05/11/2017 5:15 pm

Alright, I got it. :)

It was a hassle getting the money, but it was worth it.

[br]For you who would like to know, here's my input:

The guitar is amazing, the colour and finishing is serioulsy beautiful. I had a propblem with the action though, believe from long storing time, it had buzzing. E-mail Shecter about it and told me to releife the neck, brought it back to the music shop and they said they'd fix it, but sadly the action is now annoyingly high. And now I'm back home with no idea how to fix it. We don't have many professionlal guitar techs in Jordan as to trust them with it, or to fix it.

The sound is amazing, the guitar feels just right in my hand. However, the pickup switcher I find it a bit close, I hit it when I strum everynow and then, no biggie though.

To sum it up, I really recommend. Thank you. :)

# 7
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/22/2017 7:52 pm

Super happy to find you're liking the new guitar, jasim.hd! It's also a good learning experience to tinker and adjust the guitar as you learn to play it. I've put a lot of time into my Fender and it plays exactly how I like it now. workshopping the guitar is one of my favorite things to do and I'm excited for you to try it as well!

Of course, don't do anything unless you're super comfortable with doing it! I don't want you to mess up your new guitar!

Remember you can always ask the techies in this forum about how to adjust your guitar etc:https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/threads.php?f=30

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 8
jasim.hd
jasim.hd
05/26/2017 10:49 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Super happy to find you're liking the new guitar, jasim.hd! It's also a good learning experience to tinker and adjust the guitar as you learn to play it. I've put a lot of time into my Fender and it plays exactly how I like it now. workshopping the guitar is one of my favorite things to do and I'm excited for you to try it as well!

Of course, don't do anything unless you're super comfortable with doing it! I don't want you to mess up your new guitar!

Remember you can always ask the techies in this forum about how to adjust your guitar etc:https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/threads.php?f=30

Best,

Billy

Hi, Billy.

Thanks a lot for the advise, I sure will ask away anything that I have. Actually, a friend of mine knows a gutiar tech here in Jordan, and he did it real qick, it was simple, only turned the truss rod a bit and voila, the guitar plays like a charm. I love it so much that when I'm home I'm playing all the time.

As always, really appreciate your words, Billy. Cheers!

# 9
jasim.hd
jasim.hd
06/30/2017 6:22 pm

Hi, guys. I'm sorry to bother, but I wanted to share a small update with you, might prove useful.

Couple of days ago, I went jamming and met a guy who's got a Fender Strat MIM. Obviously, I asked to try his guitar since I never played on a Fender before, and I was pretty sure it will wow me, after all, it is a Fender.

Now the feel was a bit strange (since I'm used to my Schecter) but it played well and there was nothing wrong with it. However, the guy left and I went back to my guitar, it was just right, it felt way better. The grip was easier, faster, heavier than the Fender, but it felt way smoother. As for the sound, it was way brighter and clearer, using an Orange amp.

So, I'm not an expert, but I'd say it was way better than the Fender that I used. Hope that could help for anyone out looking at Schecter.

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.