View post (Major Concern)

View thread

m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 6:10 am

Hey man, listen to me. Do you want to play guitar to be good or for looking good in front of the girl? Is it speaking to you or is it a pick up gimmick? Because it doesn’t matter when you play but how you communicate with it and the people you connect with on the journey for the rest of your life. I seriously suggest if you truly feel a calling to play then find songs that are your favorite, bust out your old Cd or tape collections and just loop your favorite track and play by ear. Have your tab site on phone or cpu out for guidance but just learn stuff you always air guitar too and throw your clock out the window. Get rid of criticism and hear the notes not your opinions bc our mind is a bitch to ourselves. Find your sanctuary and purge all the negative vibes and reminders of “can’t” and like “courting a lady” as I thought of it at the time, start with a sweet note and let it ring, and learn by mistakes learn by new techniques learn by knowing you have it your best that day. If you don’t wanna play, then don’t. Bc it’s an extension of you man, and you never wanna teach yourself to hate something your tried to love and spent hard earn money on ya know? Hope something from this response helps. We’ve all been where you’re at. Music is timeless brother. Welcome to the family