You Make Loving Fun

replacement
replacement
01/07/2017 3:23 am

First rate job on the lesson, as always.

But...that's like the 6th Fleetwood Mac song you've done. That's probably enough :). I realize you're not the one choosing the songs, but anything you can do to get the responsible party to reply to the complaints in the song request forum would be appreciated.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/08/2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for the compliment! I will pass along your concerns about the Song Request forum. You are correct - instructors don't have any say in the song selection process. We just find out which songs GT is allowed to teach and do our best to teach them. :)

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
replacement
replacement
01/09/2017 7:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, it's good to occasionally have an unusual song to learn to expand one's horizons, but most of the songs that have appeared on guitar tricks the past couple of years are weird songs that very few guitarists would be interested in. I went back three years in the song request forum, looking through thousands of requests, and couldn't find a single one that had been turned into a lesson. Even if there have been one or two, there seems to be a large disconnect between the songs guitar tricks customers want and the the songs they are getting.

You're a guitarist, so you must roll your eyes when you get instructions to create a lesson for yet another song by someone like Whitney Houston or the Capitols.

As you can see from the "What is up..." thread on the song request forum, I'm not alone in thinking I'm not getting my money's worth from guitar tricks lately, so anything you can do to get guitar tricks back on track would be appreciated.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2017 10:00 pm

I completely understand the frustration! I'll do my best to raise those concerns with the powers at be.

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
replacement
replacement
02/05/2017 3:45 pm

Shutting down the song request forum instead of responding to customers was an interesting way for Guitar Tricks to address the situation.

Did Guitar Tricks get some kind of bargain deal for second-tier George Harrison songs? This is just one customer's opinion, but it would probably be better to have one good song instead of 10 uninteresting ones.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.