Jam track flaw

Mshrad88
Mshrad88
11/23/2016 5:51 pm

I noticed that some of the jam tracks do not have a count in. They start as soon as you hit the play button. That makes it impossible to play the first beat since you are hitting the enter button and by the time you get to your guitar you have to wait otherwise you come in late. Big flaw there in my opinion. All jam tracks should start with a count in.

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
11/23/2016 6:23 pm

Have you tried the 'delayed start' switch, toward the bottom-right corner of the Jam Station? It's not a count-in but it shows a little light that blinks 4 times before the track starts.

# 2
Mshrad88
Mshrad88
11/25/2016 1:35 am

I was talking about the lesson jam track. Blues level 1 turnaround lesson for example. I don't see the button you are talking about.

# 3
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
11/28/2016 6:05 pm
Originally Posted by: Mshrad88

I was talking about the lesson jam track. Blues level 1 turnaround lesson for example. I don't see the button you are talking about.

Ah, I thought you were referring to jam tracks here: https://www.guitartricks.com/jam.php

Thanks for the feedback!

# 4
molino
molino
10/03/2018 8:30 pm

Hello,

sorry for writing in an old thread, but copying the initial post in a new thread is not really better ;)

I am currently testing guitar tricks. It is the first day and I directly looked into the blues area. The first thing I noticed is the issue the original poster reported.

In the current state the jam tracks will create a lot of frustration. And considering that the issue was reported 2 years ago and it still exists means that it will never be fixed.

This is really a problem for me :( You should give the user at least enough time to move the hand from the computer/mouse to the guitar.

# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/05/2018 5:27 pm
Originally Posted by: molino

In the current state the jam tracks will create a lot of frustration. And considering that the issue was reported 2 years ago and it still exists means that it will never be fixed.

This is really a problem for me :( You should give the user at least enough time to move the hand from the computer/mouse to the guitar.

That's really strange. I'm not sure how that happened because the version of the track embedded in the video lesson does contain a count in click. I'm going to check on this to see about getting it fixed.

For now, I would just use the video version. Most users just play along with lessons in that way. But I understand it has the guitar also. So it would be ideal to have the jam track version minus the guitar but with the click!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6
MrGramophoneMan
MrGramophoneMan
01/23/2022 4:34 pm

So here we are six years after this thread started. I'm halfway through Blues I, and every jam track starts in without an intro. So I'm not playing12-bar blues, it's more of an 11-bar blues with the first bar missing because I have to click the mouse and grab my pick. I guess nobody's going to cancel their subscription for something like this, but it sure would be nice to see it fixed.

# 7
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/24/2022 6:04 pm
Originally Posted by: MrGramophoneMan

So here we are six years after this thread started. I'm halfway through Blues I, and every jam track starts in without an intro. So I'm not playing12-bar blues, it's more of an 11-bar blues with the first bar missing because I have to click the mouse and grab my pick. I guess nobody's going to cancel their subscription for something like this, but it sure would be nice to see it fixed.

Can you please provide what specific lessons this occurs in? URL links would be great! Thank you for this feedback.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.