Hello everyone

callahan09
callahan09
10/14/2016 9:27 pm

Brand new subscriber here... I'm hoping to finally build up the chops, patience, and endurance to actually play some of my favorite songs.

I have been "teaching myself" to play from books, magazines, and YouTube videos for about 12 years. I play for at least an hour every day. And yet despite that, I wouldn't be able to jam with a group of musicians, because I have never really had a plan. I just pick up my guitar and play scales and chords, and improvise stuff as an exercise, but I've never really learned how to put it all together and make MUSIC.

I'm here to finally take a real lesson plan and learn what I have been failing to put together on my own all these years and be able to play some full songs from top to bottom and maybe jump into a jam session and actually hold my own.

Because right now, I'm a scales hero, but embarrass myself whenever I actually try to play music. And I want that end!
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/18/2016 6:01 pm

Hi

Welcome to our community! We're ecstatic that you chose our service to help you boost your music playing ability and confidence. I'm sure you'll find what we have to offer will be a great help. ZZSmilieZZ
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
compart1
compart1
10/25/2016 10:13 pm

Welcome to GT.. jump into a jam if you have anyone available.. Most will be willing to accomadate you.. Even if the are more advanced than you you..

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.