pup wires...

Nikki Thedog
Full Access
Nikki Thedog
Full Access
10/05/2016 9:39 pm

I have a set of humbuckers I pulled out of a pawn shop Ibanez back in the early 90s, that I'm looking at now and may be better than the ones I replaced them with? The neck has two wires (a white and a ground) and measure 7.7K across them. The bridge have three wires (red, white and ground) and also measure 7.7K across the red and white only. Red or white to ground is infinate. I wanted to insert pics but could not for some reason? How would these be wired up because I really want to hear what these sound like? Hekp would be appreciated. Dale
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/06/2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by: 69deville
I have a set of humbuckers I pulled out of a pawn shop Ibanez back in the early 90s, that I'm looking at now and may be better than the ones I replaced them with?
How would these be wired up because I really want to hear what these sound like?

You need to consider the configuration of the guitar you are putting them in. This site is good because you can drill down through the various options.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams

You'll also need to know you have the right resistance pots; typically 250K for single coils, 500K for humbuckers. So if your guitar has single-coils, but you are putting in humbuckers, you'll have to upgrade the pots (& maybe tone cap?) in order to really hear the pickups in their optimal configuration.

Hope this helps!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Nikki Thedog
Full Access
Nikki Thedog
Full Access
10/06/2016 11:31 pm

Thanks. I'm actually going to put them back in the Ibanez I pulled them out of I have a lot better gear now than I did back then so I want to see how they actually sound... Thanks again...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.