View post (Guitar Collection)

View thread

chris.gresens
chris.gresens
08/08/2016 4:10 pm
Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be fun to talk about our guitar collections and discuss how we "rank/value" our individual instruments. I have been playing for 3.5 years, and I already own 4 guitars and 1 bass! (It feels like too many, but there are more I want XD) I can't imagine how many guitars the more veteran players own. I will only mention one of my girls in this post [All of my guitars are ladies ZZWinkZZ]

My main squeeze is a Fender CD140SCE I bought sometime around 2008. I never really played her until I "officially" started playing in 2012. I spend most of my practice time on this guitar. Now that my skill level is increasing I love going to guitar center and playing around with those really high end Gibsons and Martins. I really want to upgrade my acoustic, but I can't imagine ever getting rid of my Chinese Fender or switching to another acoustic. I have had to re-glue the saddle once. There are tons of videos online that argue that more expensive guitars are better for this reason or that and cheaper guitars do the exact same thing so on and so forth. Is it all in my head like a placebo? What do ya'll think? Do ya'll have loyalties to specific guitars in your collections?