Are Strat players more respected?

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/11/2002 1:17 am
well my fingers are long (you dont realize it until you can fully, or at least semi-fully utilize this), so its not a big deal with the top not being cutaway.

I played an LP last October, when i'd only been playing about 6 months at that time, and i had a hard time with the top being there, but its just fine now. plus the third humbucker means i can totally reach even more places as far as tonewise, and i know Jerry Garcia played one :D back in 1967, but i believe it was a Gibson...Gibson doesnt make those black beauty's anymore i dont think, they sent em to epi...better price for me eh!
# 1
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/11/2002 3:37 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
i'm pretty sure they do, or did up until a few years ago, as a custom shop model. I don't remember wheter it was Townshend or Frampton, but one of them used a 3 hum LP.

LP's are pretty nice, but as Lord noted, I'm too much of a doublecut junky. The Epi SG Les Paul Custom has the same exact electronics, but the SG shape; I'd go for that more.

When I get my custom jazzmaster, i'm having 3 pups put in. I was leaning toward a hum-sing-sing, but now I'm leaning toward a hum-minihum-minihum config. Not sure yet. But with those three humbucker positions, you could also get your own himbuckers and put a different type in each position to get a SERIOUSLY wide range of tones... like something with lots of drive and chunk for blues or rock in the bridge, a more clean, transparent pickup for the mid, and something that's got a really warm, vintage-ish tone, like a '59 PAF, for the neck, for jazz and such. And then add a coil tap to get single coil tone.

Maybe, i'll check into it, but can you give me a link, i can't find it on any guitar sites.
# 2
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
08/11/2002 2:44 pm
I think it was Townshend who played a three pickup LP. I saw it on one of those Classic Album shows for "Who's Next"
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.